Only a few weeks to go to this year’s fabulous festival – some highlights to catch….
- Flowers, Veg and Weeds ~ Foraged with Kerry Woodfield, Herbals with Rowan McOnegal and Kat Terry, Vegetables with Kev Alviti, Flowers for arranging with The Great British Florist and Flowers from the Farm, Plants to admire and buy from specialist exhibitors
- Wildlife. Bees bzzzz bees, hedgehogs, birds, insects and amphibians and bring your dog on a lead!
- See the new Sculpture trail at this year’s Garden Festival – amazing sculptures that reflect the use of natural materials, recycled components, and our theme, Water, The Life Force.
- Water, Water, Water – in your garden with Terry Walton, around the world with Katie Alcott, in the Herefordshire ponds with Andrew Nixon, in our waterways with Richard Bennet, and discover Dowsing, and…turning water into wine!
- Rural crafts ~ Blacksmithing, pole lathe turning, pottering, willow weaving, wood carving…be inspired, maybe have a go
- Eat, drink, and be merry in the beautiful setting of summer in Hellens gardens
Thank you to all the volunteer helpers who made this possible. It was an adventure.
Accessibility ~ We are here to help
Please let us know if you need help when you arrive and we will endeavour to do all we can to make your visit a wonderful experience.
We have designated disabled parking areas. The site is largely accessible to wheelchair users and people with walking difficulties.
Some areas can be a bit boggy and there are lots of uneven surfaces so care is needed.
Weekend of innovation
2018 will be the festival’s 12th year and we will be celebrating water!More
People, Plants & Planet
Inspired sustainable life
We offer inspirational ideas, services and plants for growing our gardens, sustaining ourselves and the earth, whatever the space you have.More
For our beneficiaries
Fundraising for charities
We are proud to support St Michael’s Hospice in Hereford and the special project Back to the Wild for young people.More
Sponsors and Supporters
Fantastic people and companies supporting our vision
Our sponsors and supporters honour the vision of Hellens Garden Festival. Their generosity in giving their time, expertise, equipment or money is absolutely essential to our ability to stage the Festival each year, and to provide funding to benefit our nominated causes.Find out more
News from Hellens Manor.
On Friday 14th October, we were visited by the BBC Countryfile team who filmed our traditional Perry Making. We had an amazing day with Matt Baker and Anita Rani. The result was that Hellens were a part of a lovely broadcast on the 30th October showing Herefordshire at its very best (and of course the Perry!)
Adam Munthe presents a donation to St Michael’s Hospice
Cheque presentation to Back to the Wild
BBC Countryfile feature
Hellens Garden Festival is hosted in the gardens and grounds of Hellens Manor. The Festival settles gently within the landscape of lawns, meadow and paddocks. The rare 17th century octagonal dovecot, a physic garden, yew labyrinth, herb and kitchen gardens, woodlands and ponds are delight to the eye and nourishment for one’s spirit.
Tours of the Manor house at 1pm, 2pm and 3pm daily during the festival (additional cost).
Hellens, Much Marcle, Nr Ledbury, Herefordshire.
Hellens is owned by The Pennington Mellor Munthe Trust (charity no. 283266).
For more information go to hellensmanor.com
For more information about what is going on in Herefordshire, where to eat, where to stay while you are visiting us at Hellens and the Hellens Garden Festival please visit East Sleep Live Herefordshire here: www.eatsleepliveherefordshire.co.uk